Anti Aging treatments and Facial Rejuvenation is used to increase or restore the appearance of younger age.
At Aesthetica, anti aging treatments and facial rejuvenation can be a cosmetic or medical procedure or a combination of treatments done to enhance the features of your face.
Anti aging or Facial Rejuvenation, traditionally referred to surgical procedures employed to restore facial geometry and skin appearance which are typical of lost youth, by using a combination of the following procedures.
• Brow lift
• Blepharoplasty (the elimination of baggy eyes)
• Eye lifts
• Elimination of sun spots and skin ageing by Erbium or CO2 Laser
• facial sagging and wrinkles by facelift
• rhytid removal
• physical or chemical peeling
• chin lift (reduction of double chin by liposculpture)
• restoration of the facial hairline (by hair transplant).
Aesthetica performs all these procedures, however, we believe there is a better way to go.
Whilst the above procedures are usually successful and in some cases achieve striking results, recent advances in non surgical technology employed at Aesthetica are now giving more subtle and natural looking results. Without the down time!
Examples of our non surgical anti aging treatments are
• Radio Frequency, Accent RF and Thermage
• Fractional Radio Frequency with Accent RF
• Ulthera, targetted Ultrasound therapy, all non-invasive procedures stimulating the body’s own regenerative process of building new skin and tightening facial skin.
Other non surgical treatments are… Anti wrinkle injections, DMAE creams, Permanent makeup or Cosmetic Tattooing, Facial toning and Collagen injections.
Trends in anti ageing treatments.
According to the American society of Plastic surgeons, 13.8 million cosmetic plastic surgery procedures (both surgical and minimally-invasive) were performed in the United States in 2011, more than 119,000 facelifts and nearly 55,000 forehead lifts were performed in the USA in 2004, the majority on women.
Facelifts are among the top five cosmetic surgical procedures for the first time since 2004, replacing tummy tucks. Interestingly, a procedure popular with men, chin augmentation, nearly doubled in 2011, with 21,000 procedures performed, up 71 percent. Lip augmentation also rose significantly – up 49 percent, with more than 25,000 procedures performed.
Even though there is a significant increase in surgical procedures, like facelifts, all reflect the demands of an ageing baby boomer population. But as technology has improved and results becoming more realistic, the main growth area in facial rejuvenation is in the minimally invasive surgery and the non surgical treatments.
Cosmetic minimally-invasive procedures increased 6 percent, with nearly 12.2 million procedures in 2011.
The top five minimally-invasive procedures were:
•Anti wrinkle injections (5.7 million procedures, up 5 percent)
• Soft tissue fillers (1.9 million procedures, up 7 percent)
• Chemical peel (1.1 million procedures, down 3 percent)
• Laser hair removal (1.1 million procedures, up 15 percent)
• Microdermabrasion (900,000 procedures, up 9 percent)
Soft tissue fillers and fat injections experienced some of the largest growth in the minimally-invasive market during 2011. More than 1.3 million filler procedures were performed in 2011, up 9 percent; and 68,000 fat injections, up 19 percent.
The future for anti ageing treatments facial rejuvenation
A significant upward trend on the number of facial rejuvenation procedures is predicted, due to the following factors:
• Men have also started to perform these procedures at increasing numbers.
• Emphasis on image of youthfulness by the media and internet and emerging fashion trends.
• Increasing numbers of senior people (baby boomers) enjoying good health and financial affluence at older ages.
• The decreasing costs of surgery and other non surgical cosmetic procedures, making them affordable to all.
For further information on Aesthetica anti aging treatments and facial rejuvenation, go to pages facial rejuvenation, or email us or call 03 9824 6134.