Liposuction is a very popular cosmetic surgery procedure for both men and women that involves reducing targeted fat to enhance your body shape.
What is Liposuction?
Aesthetica, a Melbourne based cosmetic surgery in Armadale, has over 25 year’s experience in performing body-changing (and life-changing) procedures for fat reduction and body sculpting.
These fat reduction procedures are a highly effective solution to reduce those problem areas.
Our experienced and skilled cosmetic surgeons consult and can offer you all levels of liposuction or fat reduction, from a small area with minimal invasive local anaesthesia procedures, through to large area (full body) mega liposuction with a general anaesthetic.
This procedure works because it removes fat cells.
After puberty your body does not create new fat cells, instead when you gain weight the fat cells you already have expand.
Should you gain weight after the treatment, it goes to the fat cells that remain in your body. It is better to think of liposculpture or liposuction as a body contouring or fat reduction procedure rather than a weight loss procedure.
The most frequent areas treated in men are, chest liposuction, abdomen liposuction, love handle liposuction and neck liposuction.
In women there are more areas of fatty deposits. The most common areas for this type of fat reduction and body sculpting are outer thighs, inner thighs, abdomen and upper hips. The back, arms, buttocks, cheeks and chin, knees and lower legs and ankles are also options.
Is liposuction an appropriate procedure for me?
So you have tried diet and exercise and lead a healthy life but cannot remove those bulges of fat – then you could be a good candidate. You should also have realistic expectations and understand that it is not a substitute for weight loss or a healthy lifestyle.
Your final result can be affected by your skin elasticity, skin quality, post-operative garment compression, previous scars, and previous procedures.
Your Aesthetica liposuction consultation
During your no-obligation free consultation, your experienced Aesthetica surgeon will discuss your options, meeting expectations and the likely outcomes.
He will also discuss your previous medical history to determine your suitability for liposculpture.
If your skin and body contouring needs are relatively minor, you may find that you are also a suitable candidate for our non-surgical fat reduction and skin tightening treatment RF body shaping.
What happens during the liposuction surgery?
We have been performing tumescent liposuction for over 25 years. Your surgery begins with tiny incisions (approx 3-4 mm), placed in an inconspicuous location where the tumescent solution is infused.
This results in numbness of the area and constriction of blood vessels.
This leads to a painless and easy removal of unwanted fatty bulges.
For your comfort, Aesthetica liposuction surgery is performed under heavy sedation or general anaesthesia.
Our experienced surgeons also offer a range of other modified modern Liposuction methods to remove fat cells, including:
- Liposculpture: Another term for liposuction but generally used for small procedures for body reshaping
- Ultrasound Liposuction: Allows for the removal of fat cells using an ultrasound device by melting the fat cells.
- Power Assisted Liposuction: Uses a power cannula to remove excess fat on larger areas.
- Mega Liposuction: Term used for the removal of large volumes of fat.
Our cosmetic surgeons will recommend the best option for your concerns and expectations.
Aesthetica Liposuction Results
What happens after your liposuction procedure?
- After your surgery, you will be required to wear a compression garment for at least 4 weeks.
- You may experience some discomfort and stiffness initially. This will gradually disappear.
- Most patients tolerate the discomfort without the need for pain killers (e.g. Panadol).
- If you go on a long car or plane trip, you must walk for at least 5 minutes every hour during the trip.
- You can return to non strenuous work within 2 days.
- You should wait at least 10 days after your procedure before attempting more intense activity. If it hurts reduce activity.
- Your aftercare consultations with our experienced nursing staff and surgeons are included. We also offer 3 complimentary Bodyflow treatments and massage. This will assist with healing and lymphatic drainage after your liposuction fat reduction procedure.
You may experience the following after your procedure:
- Pain and stiffness is usually minimal and may last for several days.
- Touching the skin may notice some numbness. It does it usually disappears after several months.
- Bruising can last for 2-3 weeks.
- Swelling under the skin will occur in treatment areas especially knees and ankles and can last several weeks.
- If you experience undue pain or are uncertain about anything lease remember to contact Aesthetica immediately
During your consultation, potential risks and complications are discussed.
Some, but not limited include:
- Infection is rare.
- Allergic reaction can occur.
- Heamatoma (collection of blood) or seroma (watery fluid) may develop and could require aspiration.
- Skin loss (sloughing) is extremely rare.
- Deep vein thrombosis is extremely rare
- Skin texture irregularities or lumpy areas rarely occur.
Will liposuction get rid of cellulite?
Alternately we can provide a complete package designed specifically for your body shaping, skin quality and condition. It could include both surgical and non surgical options. Such as liposculpture, cellulite treatment and lifestyle management, if required.
For more information on cellulite reduction treatments. Accent RF is a great option for cellulite and excess skin reduction
How much does liposuction cost?
The cost of liposuction varies. Every case is different and every patient has their own specific requirements and expectations. Therefore it is hard to give an exact liposuction price. Generally, it can start off at $3,000 and go up.
All our liposuction costs are inclusive of
- Surgical fee
- Theatre fee
- Anaesthetist fee (if applicable)
- Before and after consultation
- Compressive garment
- Recovery aftercare which could include massage or lymphatic drainage
Our experienced cosmetic surgeons and patient advisor can provide you with a cost for liposuction specifically tailored to suit you at your complimentary consultation.